Collage of Natural and Computational Sciences
About The Collage
The College of Natural and Computational Sciences came to being through an evolutionary development process from the then Division of Natural and Social Sciences (DNSS) when Mizan tepi University was still known as mizan tepi University of Agriculture.
Then, in 1996 DNSS evolved to Faculty of Education (FOE) with a mission of training teachers for secondary schools. It was offering bachelors degree in various programs of natural and social science fields.
In 2008 once again the College of Natural and Computational Sciences evolved from FOE and since then focusing training students in areas of natural sciences.
- To become the best Teaching and Research College in the World
- To prepare students to become effective, ethically-minded, culturally mindful, and socially conscious global citizens and leaders in their field of study.
- To produce students who are capable of designing and carrying out problem-driven researches.
- At the moment the College comprises of Seven departments; Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology, Physics and Sport Science. All the departments offer a three year BSc degree and postgraduate (MSc) programs.
- The College has a plan to launch a PhD program in selected fields by 2020/21
- Summary of CoNcS Stuff on Duty